<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My wildly entertaining letters to my son and other American Soldiers suffering in Iraq and elsewhere...posted in no particular chronological order.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Friday, February 25, 2005

Dear Army Guys,

Just as I sat down to write to you, I got a very strange telephone call. It was the damnedest thing. It went exactly like this:

Phone: Ring! Ring!
Me: Hello?
Man on phone: Yeah, do you have a digital microscope camera?
Me: No. I have a digital camera, but not a microscope.
Man: Well this would be a device that can be hooked up to a computer so you can see the images on the screen.
Me: Oh. I haven’t got one of those. Are you looking to sell one of these things, or buy one?
Man: I want to buy one.
Me: So, are you just calling people up at random and asking if they’ve got one for sale?
Man: Yeah, that seems like about the only way I’ll find a used one! (heh heh heh)
Me: You’re really just going through the phone book and calling people?
Man: Yeah. I’m from Minonk, by the way.
Me: Well, maybe it would be easier just to go on ebay. Just get online and go to ebay and type in what you’re looking for.
Man: Well, that sounds like a good idea.
Me: Good luck then.
Man: Thanks. Goodbye.
Me: Goodbye.

What the heck was that? I find it very difficult to believe this man from Minonk is actually calling people at random hoping somebody will say, “Why yes, as a matter of fact I have an Apex 4250 I’m looking to unload!”

I figured he must have been answering an ad in the classified section of the Pantagraph and misdialed. But I just checked every relevant classified section and there is no ad for a digital microscope camera! I couldn’t resist doing that *69 thing with the phone to get his number.

I’m tempted to call him back and ask if he has a food dehydrator I can buy. (I really do want one of those.) Now I keep looking at the phone and wondering, “What the heck was that?”

Much Love,

--An Army Mom
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counter
Kitchen Etc