<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My wildly entertaining letters to my son and other American Soldiers suffering in Iraq and elsewhere...posted in no particular chronological order.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

February 11, 2005

Dear Rob,

I have somehow convinced Rudy to accompany me to a performance of “The Vagina Monologues” at Braden Auditorium this weekend. (He probably thinks sexy women in see-through panties are part of the show.) I’m not entirely sure what goes on in “The Vagina Monologues” but, it being a feminist thing, I doubt there’s any see-through underwear involved.

I told Rudy it will be lots of fun because he can pretend to be a metro-sexual male who is deeply concerned about women’s issues.
He said he’d have to buy a pair of Italian shoes to pull that off.

I told him I am planning to pose as a radical feminist who needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle. He said I’d have to buy a pair of Birkenstock shoes to pull that off.

Perhaps Rudy’s feminine side will be awakened by “The Vagina Monologues.”
He will gain a new understanding of my peculiar emotions and deep-seated hysteria! He’ll learn to cook his own food and wash his own clothes to free me of the repressive shackles of our paternalistic society! He’ll recognize the chauvinistic exploitation running rampant in our culture and stand with women everywhere in our fight to rid the world of see-through underwear!

Nah, that’ll never happen. Men think they need women in see-through panties like Lance Armstrong needs a bicycle.

The good news is that in Rudy's version of a repressive paternalistic society I don't have to make my own car payments. I think I can live with that.

Much Love,

--Joe Mama
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counter
Kitchen Etc