<$BlogRSDUrl$>

My wildly entertaining letters to my son and other American Soldiers suffering in Iraq and elsewhere...posted in no particular chronological order.

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

October 8, 2003



Dear Captain S.,

Thank you SO MUCH for the wonderful Certificate of Appreciation you sent. It is absolutely thrilling! I LOVE IT! I framed it and I have been showing it off to all my friends and family. I have moved it three times already, from the family room to the dining room to the library. I’m just not sure where to place it to receive maximum exposure.

Initially, I framed the certificate and put your accompanying letter behind it for posterity. Then I kept having to take it all apart to show everyone the letter. Now I have decided to put the letter in a matching frame and display them together in a sort of museum motif.

I hope you will do your best to one day achieve the rank of Four Star General. That would further upgrade the value of my certificate. If you need me to write letters of recommendation to George W. Bush, or any future Commander in Chief, just let me know.

Now that I think of it, maybe you should try to get elected President of the United States at some point. That would be really great as far as the value of my Certificate of Appreciation is concerned. Also, I think you’d do a pretty good job in the White House. I think you can do the job as well as anybody else. (just delegate everything to a bunch of smart hard-workers and get a photogenic dog.)

Anyway, allow me to say again what a gigantic thrill it was to get the Certificate of Appreciation. I really appreciated it! (ha ha) While I am quite certain my friends and relatives are getting sick of the whole thing; who cares! I LOVE IT! You are my hero! (as well as being future President Four Star General S.!)

Much love and APPRECIATION,

--An Army Mom
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Counter
Kitchen Etc